Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

June 30, 2015

Stress Test, and Flying above Red Bull Headquarters

To make sure I was fit enough to take part in the Red Bull X-Alps, part of the in processing included take a Stress Test.  I did this on a bicycle, starting a low wattage and increasing every 2 minutes until exhaustion.  It's actually similar to the VO2 Max test, except that these doctors weren't concerned with my oxygen consumption.  Instead they had me hooked up to the Electrocardiogram sensors, plus  a blood pressure cuff.   The doctors pronounced my in perfect health, and sent me off with detailed reports of my test which I can't read at all!

This afternoon I hiked up above Fuschl and got to fly my new race wing, which I just picked up a few days ago from Konny, the Ozone Dealer in Germany.  Thanks Matt G from Ozone for sorting me out (quickly!) after the wing I ordered for the race arrived the wrong size! (my fault).   Oops.

So now all of my gear is ready for the race to start, the athletes are arriving in Fuschl, and just a few more days to go!

Hooked up to the EKG machine and pedaling away
Stephan Kruger of RSA launching above Fuschl



Looking down at Red Bull Headquarters near Fuschl

No comments:

Post a Comment