Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

February 10, 2024

Oracle Rumble Half Marathon, Jan 27, 2024

This was not an easy race!   Lots of ups and downs and twists and turns.   Falling would have probably involved a cactus.  But mostly it was hard because Jim was on my heels the entire way.  He used to be 25% slower than I was.   I could time our races like a metronome.  Then he started getting faster.  And faster.   
Before the start I told Jim he would only be 3 1/2 minutes behind me today.    And then I had to go out there and work my bum off to make that happen.  Got a blister to prove it and everything.   In the end, he was 5 minutes slower, but he did have to stop to pee!  So I'm gonna have to work harder to stay ahead of him now.  

The race was just north of Tucson, Arizona, in Oracle State Park.   Hence the name?   Beautiful sunny day just like I expected in Arizona...hopefully it's snowing or raining at home and getting that part of winter out of the way.

Great photographers capturing this course!  







No comments:

Post a Comment