Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

January 29, 2020

AltRed Ambassador

I've sold myself for some bright red little pills.  Lol.  In a moment of excitement, I applied to be an AltRed Ambassador.    You, the reader, though, are the big winner, because I can now share a 15% discount code if you think AltRed could help you.  

Website:   https://shop.sur.co 

Discount code:   dwestrum-altred

Before you start thinking I'm something special, though, know that I'm just one of about 300 ambassadors of this product.   I'm doing it because I researched the product and it should help me in my search for the holy grail of my favorite sport...running faster!  

Do they work?  Well, the science says they do.  The main ingredient in AltRed is Betalains, which are found in beets, but these are 17x more bioavailable than eating or drinking beets or beet juice.   To get the contents of one capsule of AltRed, you would have to eat a lot of beets and all the sugar that accompanies them.  

Betalains increase oxygen delivery, raise lactic acid threshold, and reduce muscle damage.    In one study of 5k time trials, AltRed lowered heart rate, lowered rate of perceived exertion, and increased running speed by a couple percent.  

Here's one of the studies, you can read about it yourself:  
https://www.mdpi.com/2075-4663/4/3/40/htm

How do you take them?   For an "A" race, you could load with 1-2 capsules a day for 6 days, then take one capsule 1-2 hours before the race and every 2 hours during a longer race.  For normal workouts, 1 capsule before a workout would be enough.  

I first used AltRed at a Spartan race, and although it's hard to isolate one component of my race preparation, I do believe they could make a difference.  I'm definitely getting on the podium fairly regularly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment