Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

May 24, 2018

Buffalo Run 25k, 10 Mar 2018

I was moderately surprised by how beautiful Antelope Island was, everyone kept saying it was cool, but this was finally a chance to come see it for myself.   I was moderately surprised to see an Antelope out grazing in a meadow, it took a few minutes for my brain to make the connection.  Finally..."Antelope" Island, duh!     Of course, there were some namesake Buffalo too.   The island immediately felt homey to me, reminding me of the Isle of Skye in Scotland, with the Great Salt Lake surrounding the island with wild views in all directions.  
The weather was perfect too.  Cool but not cold, clear skies, no rain or wind, and really lovely trails.  I don't know why I haven't been here before in the winter, when the trails near home are snowed in, often here they are still clear.   They are also wide, runnable, and scenic.  


The race went really well,  I did about 16 miles in 3 hours a few minutes faster than planned on, probably because the terrain was more runnable than I had thought.   My fastest miles were the last couple downhill to the finish.   No buffalo were chasing me but a lady in a pink skirt might have been.   I will definitely try to do this race again!

http://www.buffalorunadventures.com/buffalo-run/













No comments:

Post a Comment