Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

June 8, 2015

Kossen Flying Festival

After a short flight off Bernini Pass in Switzerland, we were ready to get back to Austria.  Why?  I'm not sure, we just like it here.  Plus living in Switzerland for more than a couple of days might empty the bank accounts.   Anyway, we headed back to Kossen to see more of X-Alps Section 2, and to give Jim a chance to fly too!  

We were surprised to find Kossen a mob scene with a hundred wings in the air...we had arrived on the first day of a flying festival!   The campground was full too...but the lady remembered us and managed to find us a spot, yay!  

The weather is even cooperating, as all four days of the long weekend look to be really great flying weather.   I launched the next morning and had a really nice flying, flying about 30k to Saalfelden and then back again.  I'm sure I could have gone further in any direction, but Jim was starting to get a cold (that I gave him) and I didn't want him to have to chase me if I landed out.  So it was really nice to come back and top land in Kossen...after not seeing many wings all day, there were still over 100 hanging out around the cable car up to launch!  

And I got to see quite a bit more of the course line from the air, hanging out around some really cool mountain peaks.   A big change from the last time we were here when it was pouring rain!



Wings in the air over Kossen

No comments:

Post a Comment