Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

May 21, 2015

Rain, Rain....

I took my paraglider for a walk today.

In the pouring rain.

I guess it was good to check out my new rain poncho (it works) even if I look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.  At least, I would if he had worn this vibrant shade of red.

I even kept my feet dry with Sealskinz socks.  Yea!

Yesterday Jim joined me for a rainy walk up to the third X-Alps 2015 checkpoint at Kampenwand above Aschau in Chiemgau.   Jim was very excited to see a Salamander on the trail, along with a slug that was 5 or 6 inches long.  The slug was almost as big as the salamander, come to think of it.

At the Sonnenalm Hutte (it was not sunny, that's for sure), we were able to see over into the valley for a second before the clouds and rain came again.  We fortified ourselves with hot chocolate in the "hut" before heading down in the mist.  This elaborate building had wonderful architecture and a full kitchen plus bedrooms.  Ah, roughing it in Europe for sure.

A Fire Salamander
A nice Austrian yard...aren't they all!

Slug as long as my hand
Every waterfall is running over at the moment

Jim finds the cows with bells on

The antlers in Sonnenalm Hut

No comments:

Post a Comment